Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Thursday, September 14, 2017
1) why do we add salt to the ice?
To lower the melting temperature of the ice down.
2) why do we add the cookies and other things, only after the milk has frozen slightly
Because if we put the cookies first it will stick in and make bad taste.
3) what are two factors that affect the freezing you think?
Ice and salt.
4) why do you need a bit of air in the bag?
Easy to move around
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
7. Calculate the density of each of your mineral samples. How could you use the densities to identify the minerals ?
Density is determined by measuring the mass of the substance devided by its volume.
8. Would density or color be more useful in identifying a particular mineral ?
A mineral's density is the amount of matter in a given space
Color is easily observed, but not always a reliable characteristic for the identification of minerals.
So density could be more useful then.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Ex. NItrogen oxides (NOx) - Nox pollution causes ground level ozone, or somg, which can burn lung tissue.
2. Greenhouse effect - Increases in the different greenhouse gases have other effects apart from global warming including ocean acidification, smog pollution, ozone depletion as well as changes to plant growth and nutrition levels.
3. Global warming occurs when carbon dioxide and other air pollutants and greenhouse gasses collect in the atmosphere and absorb sunlight and solar radiation that have bounced off the earth’s surface. Greengouse effects trap the heat and cause the planet to get hotter.